Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Gingerbread House



  I just took a class to learn how to make gingerbread houses.  I had no idea how much effort goes into making a gingerbread house. I baked it from scratch, cut it out, assembled it (with a few break downs and broken pieces) made stain glass windows (which is my favorite part- I turn the lights on and dance with joy everytime I go in my kitchen)  If anyone has some time to dedicate to serious gingerbread making let me know and I'll give you the patterns and lessons learned.... 



The details are the fun part- this house come complete with a wood shed (with cinnamon stick wood), mail box (with mail and a blue bird), presents on the porch and around the mail box, Santa on the chimney, candy cane light posts, candles in the windows, a wreath on the door, ribbons on the house, and snow on the trees.








0 comments: